Like everybody else, I too have made several bucket lists over last few years. Last year, I had 4 things on my list: Get a tattoo, drive on Golden Gate Bridge, go Skydiving, and visit Las Vegas. But, even after keeping the list short, I could do only half of it. I did get a tattoo and also drove on the Golden Gate Bridge which was awesome. But sadly, the rest of it couldn't happen!
I might be a little late in doing this but I am making another list this year, we'll see how far we go with this one!
- Make this year a year of me. As far as I can remember, I have always given more importance to others- their happiness, their expectations of me. I want to change this. I want to be selfish.
- Travel. Like last year, I have a few destinations in mind but I have learned that we cannot plan too much. So, I will try to travel as much as I can without making rigid expectations from this year or from people. If someone is reading, I still have Vegas and Florida on my list.
- Save. I will start working soon, and I want to create a good balance of spending and saving. I am not a miser person, I like going out and buying things I like for me and my loved ones. But, at the same time, I have student loans to pay off and I must save for that to be debt-free sooner.
- Try to be more outgoing. I am kind of socially awkward; it takes a great effort to prepare myself to meet with people. Small talk is not my cup of tea. But, I also know the importance of socializing, and also once I am past that initial phase of awkwardness, I enjoy hanging out with people. I like making friends; it's just the first step that needs to be worked on. Any help there?
- Be fit. I have struggled with my weight issues for years now. It takes me months to lose what I can put back on in days. I really want to lose weight this year, and also make a stronger and healthier body. I bought a mason jar to put aside a dollar for every time I workout, so I can reward myself with something pretty in the end!
- Read more. Write more. Over last few years, reading and writing just fell behind, and I really enjoy both those things. This year I am hopefully gonna be a little settled down and I want to get back to my hobbies a little more. Also, make some new ones!
- Connect with loved ones. I tend to get busy and overwhelmed when I have a lot to do, and sometimes reaching out to friends and family suffers because of it. I want to make sure that I am in touch with all who matter to me, because life will always be there with its ups and downs. In the end, it's the people in our life that give meaning to it.